Patients are using mobile devices more frequently to search for local dentists, and dentists who don’t capitalise on this will get left behind.
1. Everyone is connected
• 80% of all online adults now own a Smartphone & 47% own a Tablet.
• 83% of Smartphone users don’t leave home without their device.
2. Mobile search is growing
• Smartphones and Tablets combined now account for 60% of all online traffic.
• More Google searches take place on mobile devices than on computers.
3. Mobile consumers want Local
• 38% of mobile users search at least one time per month for a local business.
• When researching products/services on their phones, 69% of mobile users expect businesses to be within 8km of their location (up to 15km for dentists).
4. Mobile users are searching for YOUR dental practice
• Mobile users are searching for all types of local businesses, but restaurant (58%), general shops (32%) & dentists (27%) are the most popular.
5. Consumers want to know how to FIND YOU
• 52% of mobile users consider the physical address to be the most important piece of information on a dental website.
• 47% say map / driving directions, 44% say opening hours & 37% say a phone number.
6. Don’t ignore mobile friendliness
• 61% of consumers are more likely to contact a dental practice if they have a mobile optimized site.
• 38% of consumers are impressed when a dental practice has a website designed for mobile.
• 33% of consumers believe all local businesses should have websites designed for mobile.
7. Mobile users are active buyers!
• 78% of mobile searches for local businesses result in a purchase.
• 70% of mobile searches lead to an online action within an hour (versus 1 month for 70% of PC users).
8. Mobile searchers also purchase OFFLINE
• 78% of Local Mobile searches result in offline purchases.
9. Mobile ad spend to overtake desktop
• In 2015, paid search clicks on mobile account for over 50% of the overall paid search market.